10K Challenge Trails & Maps
Marathon Trails Quick Links
Welcome to the Cumberland County Hiking Marathon 10K Challenge. As you hike these trails you will enjoy paved trails with easy gradients. The purpose of this challenge is to provide an interesting set of trails that can be enjoyed by those who find the marathon trails just too difficult to negotiate. We hope this challenge takes you places that you would not normally go and that you have positive experiences along the way. We hope you enjoy hiking these trails but please stay on the trail when hiking and respect private property in residential communities. Carry plenty of water at all times, use bug-spray and watch your step – it is easy to twist an ankle on rocks and tree roots. Pets are permitted on all trails but please pick up after your dog if it fouls the trail-bed.
10K Challenge Trails Quick Links
1. Centennial Park Trail
From the parking lot walk to the right, past the horseshoe pavilion and around the small ball fields. Follow the path as it loops around to the left. Turn right at first bridge, then left along path, past the dog park. Turn left over bridge, go to main path between the 4 ball fields. Continue to the middle of the next 4 ball fields, turn right, back to your car.
From the Route 127, Main Street, stop lights, take Industrial Boulevard. Go through the four-way stop, past Tri-county Rentals and take the first entrance into Centennial Park.
2. CMSP Byrd Lake ADA Trail
The Cumberland Mountain State Park is very well known and there are plenty of road signs directing you to the park, which is about four miles south east of Crossville on Highway 127.
There is plenty of parking in the park but please do not park in the restaurant parking lot as that gets very busy at times. We suggest you park near the park office.
3. Obed River Park Trail
The entrance to the Obed River Park is off Highway 70 North, just past the County Fairgrounds and the Farmers Market about 2.5 miles from the center of Crossville.
4. Fairfield Glade Paved Trail
DescriptionPark at the lower far lot of the Fairfield Glade Wellness Complex.
- Walk through the parking lot towards the Community Center (CCC)
- Turn left and take the path between the CCC and the Wellness Center into the woods.
- At the intersection turn right and follow the path to behind the Village Green Mall.
- At the Village Green Mall turn right and continue past the church to the sidewalk along Stonehenge Drive.
- Turn left towards Peavine Rd.
- Just past the Wyndham welcome center, turn left and travel through the parking lot towards Mirrow Lake Pond.
- At the pond, look left and see the new amphitheater that will soon be done.
- Turn right, go around the pond and through the old parking lot and turn right toward Fairfield Blvd.
- Turn left on Fairfield Blvd. and follow the paved sidewalk to Village Dr., turn left.
- Notice the bluebird houses along your route. These nest boxes produced many new bluebirds this summer.
- Follow Village Drive to the paved path leading into the woods on your left. Turn left onto the path.
- At the path intersection turn right towards the Community Club and return to your vehicle.
From the junction of Peavine Road and Stonehenge Drive, take Stonehenge Drive north for 0.4 miles and turn right into the second entrance to the Wellness Center parking lot.