Rules & Registration
Welcome to the 9th Annual Cumberland County Hiking Marathon. Please read the instructions and register for free by using the button below.
We have two separate registrations. You can register for the Hiking Marathon or register for the 10K Challenge or both.
Registration opens on Tuesday, August 15th and closes on Thursday, August 31, 2023. If you are not comfortable registering online then stop by the Centennial Park office on Industrial Boulevard and Tammie will help you out.
Donations, Donations, Donations
There is no charge for participating in the Hiking Marathon but we do welcome donations to help cover the cost of the marathon and to offset some of the costs associated with building trails. Please consider making a donation.
- Register anytime between August 15th and August 30th.
- There is no fee to register
- There are three components of the marathon: (a) Full Marathon, (b) Half Marathon (c) 10K Challenge
- You can download and print a logsheet for the Marathon or the 10K Challenge and use it to keep a record of your progress.
- You can choose to omit a trail and replace it by repeating another trail from the list of marathon trails of similar length.
- If you wish to do the Half Marathon just select some of the marathon trails that add up to about 13.1 miles and record it on the marathon logsheet.
- Once you have finished hiking please go online and, using your “Bib Number”, record all the trails that you have completed.
- Every participant is entitled to a free T-shirt.
- If you complete the full Marathon of 26.2 miles you are entitled to a patch.
- If you bring a dog with you when you hike at least one trail, then the dog is entitled to a bandana. We ask that dogs be kept on a leash at all times.
- T-shirts, patches and bandanas can be picked up at the Hit the Trails festival on Saturday, October 7th, 2023. (If you are unable to attend the festival you can pick up your T-shirt, etc after the festival at the Centennial Park Office on Industrial Boulevard in Crossville during normal weekday business hours.)
- You are responsible for your own comfort and safety. Wear appropriate clothing and shoes. Use bug spray and drink lots of water.
Make a tax deductible donation to Friends of the Trails for use on the hiking trails in Cumberland County. You can specify how or where your donation should be used. We will email you a receipt for tax purposes.
1. Registration for this event is free.
2. Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Cumberland County Hiking Marathon, I acknowledge that hiking on trails can be a hazardous activity, and I assume all the risks associated with this activity. I waive all claims for damages against the Friends of the Trails and its officers for injury to my person or property, including death and destruction, that may arise from this activity, and I release the Friends of the Trails and its officers and agree to hold them harmless from any such liability. This agreement shall be effective when I submit my registration and shall remain in force for the duration of the 2023 hiking marathon.
3. Newsletter Signup
By registering for this event you are agreeing to be added to the Friends of the Trails email list to receive information about trails in Cumberland County, TN. You can unsubscribe from this list at any time. Send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not receive a confirmation email after you register. Please make a note of your BIB number.